Rory’s is excited to launch our new service, Rory’s School Lunches Delivered. Schools with fewer than 400 students can now have lunch orders delivered. Everyone can enjoy Rory’s healthy, fun & affordable school lunches every day!
For years, Rory has been searching for a way to service Adelaide schools with fewer than 400 students. The traditional Rory’s outsourcing model didn’t work because the cost of employing a professional canteen operator was higher than the sales generated by the canteen. But then a light bulb went off! Rory’s fleet of catering vans are on the road every day travelling between Gawler and Seaford. This means lunches can be delivered fresh daily!
How Does It Work for Schools?
- Decide what days of the week you would like to offer a lunch order service. You can choose delivery once, twice or every day of the week, it’s up to you.
- A flat delivery fee is invoiced weekly to the school. This covers the cost of having all lunch orders delivered. The fees are substantially lower than the cost of running a canteen onsite.
- Contact us to arrange a Rory’s School Lunches Delivered service. We will set up your school on the Qkr! app.
- Announce the service to parents and students.
Delivery Charges for Schools
|Number of Days Lunch Service Provided||Delivery Charge per week.|
How Does It Work for Parents & Students?
- Log into Qkr! and place your order. Orders must be placed 24 hours in advance, not on the same day.
- Lunch orders are freshly made, packed and dispatched from our central kitchen.
- Lunches are delivered to schools before recess in one of our refrigerated delivery vans.
What Type of Schools Use Rory’s School Lunches Delivered?
Rory’s School Lunches Delivered is perfect for schools with fewer than 400 students. Often, these schools will be primary schools but the service is available to high schools via the Qkr! app.
The menu includes a variety of healthy, fun and affordable school lunches. Because lunch orders are delivered, we’ve had to take out some of the hot food options like burgers, pizzas and pies from the menu.
In addition to student lunches, Rory’s School Lunches can now deliver staff meals. This is a perfect option for teachers and staff who are working back late and crave a healthy home cooked meal. All meals are prepared by our professional chefs in our central kitchen and delivered refrigerated vans, ready to be reheated. For staff with special dietary requirements, there are vegetarian, dairy-free and gluten-free options. The staff menu includes some delicious choices including:
- Butter Chicken (gluten-free).
- Chicken Scallopini.
- Chickpea & Paneer Curry (vegetarian, gluten-free).
- Beef Lasagne.
- Roast Capsicum Ravioli (vegetarian).
- Thai Green Curry.
- Chicken & Broken Rice Soup (dairy-free).
- Potato, Leek & Smoked Cheddar Soup (gluten-free, vegetarian).
- Roast Sweet Potato & Pumpkin Soup (vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free, gluten free).